Home : Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Why should I list my RV with RVListingsOnline.com?
A: When you list your RV with us:
- Your RV will appear on 12 websites - for one low price!
- All listings will remain active on all 12 websites- at no extra cost.
- Easy management of your rv classified ad to make changes when you want.
- Changes are made immediately to your classified ad.
- Upload up to 8 pictures.
- Library of articles about rv sales.
- Free shirt with a featured listing!
Q: How much is the listing price?
A: Indivdual listings are only $19, and featured listings are $34.
Q: What is a Featured Listing?
A: Featured Listings appear on the home page of both RVListingsOnline.com, and on the home page for the RV search section of 55-Alive.com.
- Featured listings appear in groups of 4 in a random order for each of these pages every time the page is accessed.
- If your RV does not appear as one of the initial four listings, users can still view your listing by clicking on the "More Featured Listings" button.
Q: How much is a Dealer Listing price?
A: Dealers - please send us an e-mail at [email protected] so that we may set up a customized quote that fits your needs.
Q: Where will my ad be shown?
A: Your ad will be shown on
Q: How do I determine the price for my RV?
A: There are many sources of information for pricing you RV, such as wholesale and retail book guides, looking at other internet sites, and talking to RV dealers.
Q: Will you offer any advice on how to price my RV?
A: No, we do not currently offer any such service.
Q: How many pictures can I show of my RV?
A: You may feature up to 8 pictures of your RV.
Q: Which picture will be featured?
A: You will upload the pictures in the order for which you would like them to be displayed. Picture #1 is used as the main reference for your listing.
Q: How do I upload pictures?
A: In the Photo Gallery:
- Click the Browse button above to locate a picture on your computer that you wish to upload, then double-click on the picture (or the name of the picture).
- The file path to the picture should then be listed next to the Browse button above.
- Type in the description of the picture (if you want a description) in the description box above.
- Click the Submit button. The picture and the description for the picture should then be uploaded.
Q: May I change my pictures and/or descriptions after placing my listing?
A: Yes, you can login any time you wish to change your listing, including changing the pictures, descriptions, or selling price. You may not, however, add a different RV (a new listing is required in such circumstance).
Q: What picture formats are acceptable?
A: We accept pictures in jpg, jpeg, or gif formats.
Q: What size should my pictures be?
A: The space available for pictures is 175 pixels wide by 100 pixels long. If your picture is too big, it will be reduced to this size.
Q: What is the maximum file size for pictures?
A: Itís important that the file size be limited so that your pictures will load quickly. If pictures take too long to load, there is a tendency for users to go to the next listing. Therefore, pictures should not be more than 72 dpi (dots per inch) which is a standard size for web pictures.
- HORIZONTAL ASPECT RATIO ARE PREFERRED (pictures that are wider than they are tall).
- Vertical pictures may in distortion. Please make sure to select the direction you would like to rotate the picture (if needed).
- Make sure that there is sufficient lighting inside the RV for inside photos.
- Only take pictures during the day, even for pictures of the inside of the RV.
- Minimize any background distractions, such as other vehicles, houses, etc.
- Provide a detailed description of your RV, and include all information that you think a buyer would want to know. After completing your listing, try to look at it as a disinterested buyer might -- does it answer all of the questions that a buyer may want to know?
- Price your RV at market price if you want to sell quickly. Over-pricing does not work - it stops buyers that might otherwise be interested from contacting the seller.